Reports to General Manager - Midwest
Drive Ilegal Mezcal sales performance in assigned market for on and off premise channels and addresses brand priorities in through programming, distributor management and sales resource deployment. Ensures all assigned performance indicators and market goals are achieved.
- Brand and Category Authority: Be not only the voice of Ilegal Mezcal but the expert and champion of the mezcal category in the assigned territory.
- Work with General Manager and Distributor Sales Team to develop specific goals and budgets based on market.
- Complete at a minimum the monthly and quarterly key performance indicators as agreed.
- Research new target accounts that can drive volume for our brand. Identify opportunities for developing the business.
- Target and Maintain a minimum of 80 accounts per month. Establish goals with each account and work towards it. Use your selling skills to upsell and close deals.
- Report weekly activities and maintain a database with account contact information.
- Education and Training: Conduct education and training events at all account levels including distributor teams.
- Record all activity and feedback adhering to monthly deadlines, develop creative solutions to problems, share learnings that can be helpful to other markets.
- Timely submission of in-market activity via KARMA.
- Timely submission of expenses monthly via Expensify.
- Social Media and Public Relations: Use knowledge of relevant social media channels to develop brand awareness in conjunction with the marketing manager and In line with overall brand goals
- Creative Insights: Collaborate with management to create new innovative programming that is on target with the brand image.
- Legal: Adherence to local liquor authority regulations and governmental laws.
- Love of mezcal
- Commitment to having fun
- Excellent people skills & outgoing personality
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and can work independently
- Confidence to approach consumers and account managers of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication & selling skills
- 2-4 years’ minimum experience in sales for a distributor or a liquor brand with significant exposure to distributor management
- Travel as required to achieve goals
- Must have a vehicle and current drivers license
Nature & Scope:
- Daily communication with dedicated sales division of distributor (SGWS IL)
- Conduct formal GSMs with dedicated sales division of distributor once a month
- Conduct formal GSMs with full book sales division of distributor quarterly
- Organize QBRs and prepare the deck in advance to share with your General Manager and other gatekeepers
- Achieve all key brand KPIs and financial targets including volume goal