- Job Title: Sales – Houston Area (Full-time)
- Compensation: Salary (paid bi-monthly)
- Bonus (Annually): Additional compensation related to your individual yearly performance*
- Health Insurance & 401k Contribution: as per company policy
SCOPE OF POSITION
- A member of the Ilegal Mezcal Sales Team serves as a dedicated resource to help drive sales in the assigned territory. They are held accountable for developing localized programming that aligns with the national sales platforms and objectives. Their mission is to establish themselves as the local category brand expert and to extend and amplify the footprint of the brand in the assigned market. They must build relationships necessary to secure increased visibility, distribution and sales. The position reports directly to their Market Manager.
- Brand and Category Authority: Be not only the voice of Ilegal Mezcal but the expert and champion of the mezcal category in the assigned territory.
- Work with Market Manager and Sales Team to develop specific goals and budgets based on market.
- Complete at a minimum the monthly and quarterly key performance indicators as agreed.
- Research new target accounts that can drive volume for our brand. Identify opportunities for developing the business.
- Target and Maintain a minimum of 80 accounts per month. Establish goals with each account and work towards it. Use your selling skills to upsell and close deals.
- Report weekly activities and maintain a database with account contact information.
- Education and Training: Conduct education and training events at all account levels including distributor teams.
- Record all activity and feedback adhering to monthly deadlines, develop creative solutions to problems, share learnings that can be helpful to other markets.
- Timely submission of in-market activity via Karma.
- Timely submission of expenses monthly via Expensify.
- Social Media and Public Relations: Use knowledge of relevant social media channels to develop brand awareness in conjunction with the marketing manager and In line with overall brand goals
- Creative Insights: Collaborate with management to create new innovative programming that is on target with the brand image.
- Legal: Adherence to local liquor authority regulations and governmental laws.
- Love of mezcal
- Commitment to having fun
- Excellent people skills & outgoing personality
- Self-motivated, goal oriented and can work independently
- Confidence to approach consumers and account managers of diverse backgrounds
- Excellent communication & selling skills